Exploring Future Scenarios
This course familiarizes participants with the core elements of scenario building, which is a foundational part of futures studies. The scenario method is a tool which helps us anticipate, plan and strategize future options and major uncertainties. Using the scenario method leads us to understand embedded realities, dynamics and systems, as well as the risks and opportunities of the future. It also helps us to find issues that may be hidden or underestimated. Moreover, it enables us to find a common language with which to describe and address complex future developments. Finally, it enables us to imagine various futures and then to design and implement the one to which we aspire. The course will consist of lectures and group work.
The aim of this course is to provide the ‘know how’ to use the scenario method to assess various future options systematically.
- To know what scenarios are used for
- To understand the process of scenario building
- To be able to build scenarios and apply them
- Background to scenario thinking
- Scenarios in strategic decision-making
- Characteristics of scenarios
- Cross-impact analysis in scenario work
- Scenario types and number of scenarios
- Scenario logic and examples of scenarios
- Guided scenario group exercises
- This course is intended for government employees from all sectors and all levels, as well as external participants.
- This course will provide the participants with practical tools to apply foresight by experimenting plausible possible future options
Completion of foundational courses are prerequisites to progress to advanced courses*
*If you have prior exposure in foresight, you do not need to take the Foundations of Foresight course. Please share proof of this in your application response.
Courses are complimentary for all government employees.
Private sector and other applicants will be charged a fee of 1500Aed.
Please review Terms and Conditions