Transformative Futures and Foresight
In collaboration with
The practice of transformative futures and foresight shows how to design, develop, and deliver engaging activities that build capacity and strengthen anticipatory mindsets to drive deep and transformative change—for individuals, communities, organizations, and beyond. Futures and foresight requires not just knowledge of tools and methods but also the ability to facilitate spaces for shared learning and discovery.
Participants will be using hands-on approaches to explore the concepts, framings, and principles of transformative futures and foresight.
UNESCO Chair in Futures Studies for Anticipatory Governance and Sustainable Policymaking at Westminster International University in Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Dr. John A. Sweeney is the UNESCO Chair for Futures Studies in Anticipatory Governance and Sustainable Policymaking at Westminster International University in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. He also currently serves as Co-Editor-in-Chief of World Futures Review: A Journal of Strategic Foresight. As a practitioner, consultant, and educator, John has organized, managed, and facilitated workshops and seminars, multi-stakeholder projects, and foresight games and simulations in 50 countries on five continents in-person and online with participants from all over the world. Since 2022, John has been a member of InsideRisk’s Presenters’ Network.
Introduction to Foresight course or Foundations of Foresight online course
27-28 September 2023
9:00 AM — 4:30 PM
Coders HQ – Emirates Towers, Dubai
22 September 2023
Foresight Practitioners, Senior Executives, Decision-Makers, Emerging Leaders
- Transformative Futures & Foresight vs. Strategic Foresight
- Exploring Anticipatory Assumptions
- Positionality and Embodiment: Facilitating Emergence
- Aperture Framework: Recipes for Transformation
- Participatory Futures Approaches
- Assessing and Evaluating Transformative Futures & Foresight
Learning Objectives and outcomes
- Describe the practice of transformative futures and foresight
- Demonstrate capacity in transformative futures and foresight approaches, methods, and tools
- Identify where transformative futures and foresight approaches can add value and be impactful
- Apply transformative futures and foresight practices and processes in your community and/or organization
- Practice transformative futures and foresight in combination with strategic foresight
- Apply new tools and methods that can enhance and strengthen the practice of futures and foresight
- Create new engagement design and delivery models using participatory futures approaches
- Form an online community of practice focused on transformative futures & foresight
- Network with international experts and connect with colleagues from the public sector in the UAE
- Certificate of attendance from DFF
Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to develop the skills for Strategic Foresight and Transformation!
Participant will be awarded a certificate upon completion.
For any support and inquiries, please contact: [email protected]