IMAGINING THE FUTURE WITH THE GLOBAL 50
In collaboration with
This session supplements the digital courses provided by DFF, including: Foundations of Foresight, Foundations of Emerging Technologies and Foundations of Futures Literacy.
In this session, participants will be introduced to the Global 50 report. They will gain insight into DFF’s view of the future when it comes to growth, prosperity and well-being, the associated global megatrends, and future opportunities. This will be complemented with examples of how future opportunities can guide actions and considerations in policy, strategic or operational decision-making.
Dubai Future Foundation
Foundations of Foresight
Foundations of Futures Literacy
14 December 2023
10:00 AM–12:00 PM
DFA Auditorium, Emirates Towers.
Target audience :
Foresight Leads and Professionals from Dubai or UAE Government
- Welcome & Intro
- Relevance – Why do we need foresight on disruption?
- Leaders’ biases and assumptions resulting in missed opportunity to foresee disruption.
- Guiding principles of strategic foresight.
- Thought-provocation on the future of globalization 2035.
- Identifying drivers of and forces of disruption.
- Converting Drivers into High-Priority Critical VUCA Disruption Forces.
- Using the Critical Forces bound futures exploration spaces.
- Constructing a matrix of alternative disruption futures
- Crafting disruption future history narratives.
- Mapping implications for actor ecosystems in industries, domains, or economies.
- Designing and giving a strategic futures presentation with concrete high level action paths.
Content and Outcomes
By the end of the module, the candidates will be able to:
- What is the Global 50
- Our View of the Future for Growth, Prosperity and Well-being
- Global uncertainties, assumptions and megatrends
- How to use the opportunities to prepare for the future
At the end of the lab, the participant will be able to:
- Understand a view of the future through the lens of growth, prosperity and well-being
- Reflect on the impact of uncertainties, assumptions and megatrends within their own organisations
- Use opportunities to generate ideas for the future
Participant will be awarded a certificate upon completion.
For any support and inquiries, please contact: [email protected]