Competition Terms and Conditions
These Competition Terms and Conditions (“Competition T&Cs“) apply to each Competition conducted by us. For each Competition, the specifics of the Competition will be set out by the rules of the Competition that will be posted on the relevant webpage for each Competition (“Competition Rules“). If there is any conflict or inconsistency between the Competition T&C’s and the Competition Rules, the Competition Rules shall prevail. By entering any Competition, you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Competition T&Cs and the Competition Rules any amendments to them, and the decisions of Dubai Future Foundation, which are final and binding in all respects.
Each Competition is open to individuals that are: (1) legal residents of the United Arab Emirates at the time of submission; and, (2) aged 21 years or older at the time of submission (“Eligible Individuals“). Participants may be required to provide a valid Emirates ID for confirmation of eligibility. Participants under 21 years must have parental/guardian permission prior to participation. We reserve the right to ask for proof of age and evidence to verify the identity of the participant at any time.
The Competition is not open to the employees of Dubai Future Foundation or the Competition Organisers, or any of their affiliates, subsidiaries or licensees.
Where the Competition Rules permit teams, Eligible Individuals may join together to form a team (“Team“). An Eligible Individual may not join more than one Team per Competition and an Eligible Individual who is part of a Team may not enter the Competition on an individual basis. If a Team is entering the Competition, they must appoint and authorize one individual (the “Team Leader”) to represent, act, and enter the submission, on their behalf. The Team Leader and each Team member who participates in the Competition must meet the eligibility requirements above. By entering the submission on the Competition website on behalf of a Team, you represent and warrant that you are the Team Leader authorized to act on behalf of your Team.
Eligible Individuals and Teams that provide a submission to the Competition by the end of deadline stated in the Competition Rules are hereafter referred to as “Participant(s)“.
We reserve the right to disqualify any Participant(s) from the Competition if, in its sole judgement, the Participant has not complied with these terms and conditions, has tampered with the operation of the Competition, or has engaged in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to us, the Competition, or any other participant(s).
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Competition, to void votes (as applicable) for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Competition Rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, we fully reserve the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law and report to authorities as appropriate.
We accept no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
Participants must enter their submissions in accordance with the entry requirements set out in the Competition Rules. We fully reserve the right to reject submissions without any explanation or prior notice. Each Participant agrees that no aspect of their entry, including but not limited to their submissions, will (i) infringe the Intellectual Property Rights (as defined in the Terms) of us or any third party; (ii) defame others, or include any content which is obscene, abusive, discriminatory, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; and/or (iii) promotes or incites violence or illegal activities.
Subject to the licenses described below, any applicable intellectual property rights to a submission will remain with the relevant Participants.
By entering the Competition, you hereby grant us and each of our affiliates, and any other third parties acting on behalf of any of the foregoing, Competition partners, prize providers and the successors, licensees and assigns of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Competition Organisers“), a fully paid up, non-exclusive, assignable, sublicensable, worldwide, perpetual license to display publicly and use for promotional purposes the submissions. This license includes, but not limited to, posting or linking to the submission on our and partners’ websites and applications, including our website, and display and promotion of the submission on any other media, worldwide.
Without limitation of any of the Competition Organisers’ rights pursuant to these terms and conditions, the following submission components may be displayed to the public: name, description, images, video URL, website URL, team members, the submission category and platform, and submitter type. Other submission materials may be viewed by us and judges for screening and evaluation.
Participants represent and warrant that the Competition Organisers are free to use Participant’s submissions in the manner described above, as provided or as modified by us, without obtaining permission or license from any third party and without any compensation to Participants.
Selection of winners
The submissions for each Competition will be evaluated by us in our sole discretion. The specific judging requirements and process for each Competition will be set out in the Competition Rules.
The winner(s) (as applicable) of the Competition will receive the prize(s) as specified in the relevant Competition Rules. All prize details will be specified in the relevant Competition Rules and will be determined by us, as applicable, in our sole discretion. The prize(s) will be awarded if properly claimed. No cash redemption or transfer/assignment of the right to receive the prize is permitted, except in our sole discretion. We may, at our sole discretion, substitute any prize won with a prize equal or greater value.
The prize consists only of the item(s) expressly specified in the relevant Competition Rules and, unless stated otherwise in the Competition Rules, does not include any travel arrangements or expenses. All expenses or costs associated with the acceptance or use of the prize(s) or any component of the prize(s) are the responsibility of each winner. All prize(s) are awarded “as is” and without any warranty, except as required by law. In no event will more than the number of prizes stated in the relevant Competition Rules be awarded. In the event that a prize is not claimed, that prize shall remain our property. To the extent that any prize providers or Competition partners provide any additional benefits or prizes to any winner(s) which are not expressly provided for in the Competition Rules, we will have no liability in respect of such additional benefits and/or prizes. Any liability in respect of any such additional benefits or prizes shall be solely with the prize provider or specific Competition partner (as applicable).
Entry Conditions and Release
By entering the Competition, you (and, if you are entering on behalf of a Team each participating members) agree(s) to the following:
- The relationship between you, the other Participant(s), and us, is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship.
- You will be bound by and comply with these Competition T&Cs and the Competition Rules and our decisions are binding and final in all matters relating to the Competition.
- You release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless each of the Competition Organisers, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Competition, and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (hereafter the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury, arising out of or relating to the Competition, an Participant’s entry, creation of submission or entry of a submission, participation in the Competition, acceptance or use or misuse of the prizes (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, transmission, performance, exploitation or use of the submission as authorized or licensed by these terms and conditions.
B. Without limiting the foregoing, the Indemnified Parties shall have no liability in connection with:
- any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by our electronic or printing error, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Competition;
- technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines, internet connectivity or electronic transmission errors, or network hardware or software or failure of the Competition website (as applicable);
- unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Competition;
- technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Competition; or
- any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the Participant’s participation in the Competition or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
The Indemnified Parties are not responsible for incomplete, late, misdirected, damaged, lost, illegible, or incomprehensible submissions or for address or email address changes of the Participants. Proof of sending or submitting will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by us.
If for any reason any Participant’s submission is determined to have not been received or been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, the Participant’s sole remedy is to request the opportunity to resubmit its submission. Such request must be made promptly after the Participant knows or should have known there was a problem, and will be determined at our sole discretion.
Each Participant acknowledges that each of the Competition Organisers engages and has engaged and will in the future engage in the development, preparation, production, acquisition and dissemination of software, technology and other material (collectively, “Materials”), including without limitation Materials that may be similar or identical to an Participant’s submission, and that other people may previously have submitted to one or more of the Competition Organisers Materials that are similar or identical to a submission. Each Participant agrees that it will not be entitled to any compensation or credit in connection with, and will not have any other legal, equitable or other rights of any nature with respect to, the use by any of the Competition Organisers of any Material that is similar or identical to any submission or any component thereof. As an inducement to us to accept the Participant’s entry, each Participant hereby waives any claim or right of action against any of the Competition Organisers in connection with the Competition Organisers’ use of any Materials (or any portions thereof), whether or not such Materials are similar or identical to an Participant’s submission or contain any features, ideas, material and/or elements that are similar or identical to those contained in an Participant’s submission. Without limitation of the foregoing, the Competition Organisers will have the right to use, without any payment or other obligation whatsoever to any Participant, any part of any submission, and any idea or concept contained therein, that (a) is similar or identical to, or contains elements encompassed in, any material or concept that has been developed, produced or disseminated or is under consideration or in development by or for any of the Competition Organisers before or at the time of the Participant’s submission of the submission, (b) is not unique, novel, original and concrete so as to be entitled to protection under applicable laws, (c) has been made public by anyone at the time of its submission in the Competition or otherwise is in the public domain, (d) would be freely usable by a third party if it had not been submitted as a submission or the subject of any agreement, or (e) is similar or identical to, or contains elements encompassed in, an idea, concept or material that is independently created by any Competition Organisers or any third party. Acceptance of a submission is not an admission by any Competition Organisers of the novelty or originality of the submission.
If a selected winner is ineligible, cannot be reached, or fails to claim their prize within the period of time stipulated in the Competition Rules, that winner will forfeit the prize and it will be awarded to a substitute winner. If, having attempted to contact a winner and a substitute winner, we are unable to award a prize, we reserve the right to consider the prize unclaimed.
This process is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Non-winners will not be notified.
By entering the Competition, you consent to us passing your details to the prize provider (as applicable) and any relevant third party for the purpose of contacting you in the event you are a Winner. By entering the Competition, you also consent to us announcing your first name, location and age when the prize is to be offered.
By accepting a prize, Participants consent to the use of their name, county of residence, age and/or prize information for promotional and other reasonable purposes without further payment, except where prohibited by law. A winner may be requested to participate in our reasonable marketing and promotional activities. By entering the Competition, you expressly consent to any photos or videos of events connected with the prize that may be posted on our social media accounts or website and agree to sign all necessary releases to document this express consent.
If you are a winner and you submit and expressly consent to any material, including but not limited to photographs, videos or testimonials, to us for use or publication in connection with our reasonable marketing and promotional activities, including but not limited to our official social media activities, you waive any right you may have to inspect or approve such activities and you release and discharge us from any claims or liability relating to our reasonable use of your material.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change these terms and conditions or to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Competition and/or Competition Rules at any time.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to disqualify any individual or Participant we find to be actually or presenting the appearance of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Competition or to be acting in violation of these terms and conditions or in a manner that is inappropriate, unsportsmanlike, not in the best interests of the Competition, or a violation of any applicable law or regulation.
- Any attempt by any person to undermine the proper conduct of the Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil law. Should we suspect that such an attempt has been made or is threatened, we reserve the right to take appropriate action including but not limited to requiring an Participant(s) to cooperate with an investigation and referral to criminal and civil law enforcement authorities.
- These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time, including our or the Participant(s) rights or obligations.
- If at any time during the Competition, an Participant or prospective Participant believes that any of these Competition T&Cs or Competition Rules may be unclear or ambiguous, they must submit a written request by email for clarification.
- Our failure to enforce any terms of these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Should any provision of these terms and conditions be or become illegal or unenforceable in the United Arab Emirates, such illegality or unenforceability shall leave the remainder of these terms and conditions including the term or condition affected, to the fullest extent permitted by law, unaffected and valid. The illegal or unenforceable provision shall be replaced by a valid and enforceable provision that comes closest and best reflects our intention in a legal and enforceable manner with respect to the invalid or unenforceable provision.
- Excluding submissions, all intellectual property related to this Competition, including but not limited to copyrighted material, trademarks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned or used under license by us and our affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owners is strictly prohibited. Any use in a submission of our intellectual property shall be solely to the extent provided for in these terms and conditions.
- By entering this Competition, you represent and warrant that your submission is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your submission infringes upon the Intellectual Property Right or other right of a third party, you will be disqualified at our sole discretion. If the content of your submission is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual property rights of any third party, you shall at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend and hold us harmless from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which we may incur, suffer or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party rights.
Limitations of Liability
By entering this Competition, all Participants (including, in the case of a Team, all participating members) agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and hereby release the Indemnified Parties from any and all liability in connection with the prizes or Participant’s participation in the Competition. Provided, however, that any liability limitation regarding gross negligence or intentional acts, or events of death or body injury shall not be applicable in jurisdictions where such limitation is not legal.
- Amendment: To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we reserve the right to change these Competition T&Cs and/or the Competition Rules at any time, in our sole discretion.
- Entire Agreement: Participation in the Competition constitute Participants full and unconditional agreement to these terms and conditions and the Competition Rules. By entering this Competition, all Participants agrees that all decisions related to the Competition are final and binding, and that all such decisions are at our sole discretion.
- Waiver of Liability: Neither Dubai Future Foundation nor the prize providers (as applicable) will be responsible or liable for: (i) any failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or other conditions beyond their reasonable control; (ii) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (iii) any disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond their reasonable control; (iv) any postponement, delay or changes that may impact on the prize caused by events beyond their reasonable control; or (v) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Competition.